Excellence in Innovation, Sustainability, Training and Community Service
*ELIGIBLE FOR ENTRY INTO THE NATIONAL AWARDS *
(JUDGING – ASSESSMENT OF WRITTEN CRITERIA)
This category is open to all accommodation providers and recognises leadership through initiatives which demonstrate a distinct commitment to caring for our people and our planet.
- Training and Development Programs
- Community Service Initiatives and Programs
- Best Practice Sustainability Programs
- Innovation Initiatives or New Technologies
This award brings forward a vision of an improved environment for employees, their ongoing development, and communities in which they live, innovation to hotel operations processes and/or a focus on efforts to reduce impacts on our environment through best efforts in sustainable business practices.
These initiatives will deliver in commercial, environmental, social and/or community benefits.
Judges will be assessing the following points in your written submission:
- Outline your organisation profile and any relevant background information, including:
- Organisational structure and operating environment.
- Current market share and position in the industry.
- Key markets your organisation serves.
Innovative, Sustainability, Training or Community Service Initiative
- Describe your initiative and how it aligns with the strategy objectives of your hotel.
- Describe the key elements of the initiative, its goals and objectives.
- Describe the planning, research and development process that was undertaken to support the initiative.
- Please indicate whether the initiative was a local initiative or directed from national/global offices. Outline what elements of the initiative were driven locally (list the team/s involved).
- Describe the key performance indicators to monitor progress.
Execution of initiative
- Outline how the initiative was implemented.
- Outline any challenges overcome, insights and/or learnings that led to successful implementation.
- Outline the most important factors that led to the success of the initiative/s.
- Describe how your team contributed to the outcome. How did the team and/or stakeholders collaborate?
- Provide measurable outcomes that demonstrate the success of the initiative.
- Provide any available data that supports the outcome. This could include increased customer satisfaction, changes in customer behaviour, increased sales/uptake, increased loyalty or engagement or increased brand exposure.
- Describe any commercial, social or environmental benefits achieved.
- Describe the results that may bring additional value to your organisation and/or the industry.
- Outline the key learnings for the organisation.
- Innovation planning and implementation documents
- Data that supports the outcome (customer, financial, operational or market performance)
- Supporting images.
Hotels can only nominate in one accommodation specific category (e.g. Deluxe Accommodation Hotel of the Year) per venue.
Cost: $110 + Reimbursement to cover the cost of anonymous property judging. Please note that the nomination fee is waived for the Motel of the Year category.
Onsite Offering Awards
Hotels can make multiple nominations in the Onsite Offering Awards categories (e.g. Deluxe Restaurant of the Year, Hotel Bar of the Year, Hotel Club Lounge and Hotel Spa of the Year).
Cost: $110 + Reimbursement to cover the cost of anonymous property judging.
Hotel Achievement Awards
Hotels can nominate in more than one category.
Cost: Nomination fees waived
Hotels can nominate one employee per category.