Best Marketed Accommodation Provider
*ELIGIBLE FOR ENTRY INTO THE NATIONAL AWARDS *
(JUDGING – ASSESSMENT OF WRITTEN CRITERIA)
This category is open to all accommodation providers to recognise excellence in marketing activity undertaken to foster a greater awareness of the property in the marketplace. Initiatives may include, but are not limited to, market research and planning; advertising and promotions; publications; and trade/media/consumer events.
Documents required for submission:
- A written submission describing the judging criteria below.
- Supporting document and images where relevant
Judges will be assessing the following points in your written submission:
- What research and planning did the property undertake to support the achievement of your marketing strategy?
- Describe key campaigns that underpinned your marketing activity. Detail what you were trying to achieve and how you did it.
- What were your main objectives of the strategy and how did the strategy align with the hotel’s brand profile?
- Describe what you did to ensure consistency in the quality of in-house marketing and branding.
- Provide evidence of how the hotel utilises a multimedia approach to your property’s online brand exposure using PC, mobile phone, in-room and venue screens, tablet or other in-house services.
Website and social media
- Discuss your hotel’s website with regard to appeal and efficiency. Include measurement analytics.
- Provide evidence of how social media has been used as a strategy to achieve the objectives of your marketing plan.
Partnership and Integration
- Describe your partnerships with other businesses and how these fit into your strategy and assist our success – include related media, business associations, sponsorships, networks, neighbours, tour and transport operators, attractions, events etc.
- Discuss how your marketing team integrates with the other areas and departments within your hotel in regards to collaboration, communication and team success.
Implementation and Measurement
- Detail the process of how your campaign/s were implemented and measured. What were the results? You must specify how you achieved your objectives. This should include relevant ROI and its method of calculation (i.e. direct sales or comparative sales) and/or the public relations value of the campaign (calculated as the equivalent advertising at casual rates).
- Explain your ROI for your hotel i.e. evidence of increased traffic generation, media exposure impacting on occupancy rates, improved brand awareness and perceptions and generating an increase in profits on the bottom line.
- Describe the most innovative part of your marketing strategy. Have you done anything like this before? What were you trying to achieve and how did you execute it?
- Marketing Strategy
- Evidence of your campaigns and the campaign’s results
- Evidence of your inhouse marketing and the results
- Evidence of your website key measures and analytics
- Evidence of the partnerships and the partnerships results
Hotels can only nominate in one accommodation specific category (e.g. Deluxe Accommodation Hotel of the Year) per venue.
Cost: $110 + Reimbursement to cover the cost of anonymous property judging. Please note that the nomination fee is waived for the Motel of the Year category.
Onsite Offering Awards
Hotels can make multiple nominations in the Onsite Offering Awards categories (e.g. Deluxe Restaurant of the Year, Hotel Bar of the Year, Hotel Club Lounge and Hotel Spa of the Year).
Cost: $110 + Reimbursement to cover the cost of anonymous property judging.
Hotel Achievement Awards
Hotels can nominate in more than one category.
Cost: Nomination fees waived
Hotels can nominate one employee per category.